Skip to main content

1 Year

Hi all, its been half a year since this blog was updated and I'm starting to understand the part it played in my life: an outlet of reflection and understanding my inner self. It seems that only through journaling do my inner most thoughts and emotions come to the forefront. Its high time I re-kindle that and so here I am. I just hope that I can sustain this despite work.

First off, just over the weekend I completed my IPPT, 63 points = Pass with incentive. Despite not training for my running I'm glad I managed to complete the run without stopping, albeit with a timing less than satisfactory - 13+ minutes. The surprising part is how even despite that I still managed to get 63 points. I suppose training with push up and sit ups have been useful! Very thankful to God for pulling me through that.

The other thing is that I've reached 1 year of service at my company, and I'm still very pleased and happy to be with the organization I'm at. June was very difficult, with church camp and also having to see 50+ clients during the month. It was the toughest month that I've had since I've joined and there were times where fatigue would just consume me. Part of this month I needed to deal with spillover from June, and I must say I haven't had enough rest. Partially because of church camp I had less days to do my mountain of work - 18 working days for 56 cases was an average of 3+ per day. Plus I had a couple of difficult clients that were taking my time and kept coming to see me in July. Well August is going to be better I hope!

More happy news is that Vanessa and I are headed to our 5th year of our relationship, and everything is great as usual! She's had to deal with my fatigue and she's a great support, and I've been helping support her in her decisions for her future. She's in a time of transition and figuring out what she wants to do with her life, and to be of help is an honour for me. I'm especially happy when I put that smile on her face when we meet, especially when she's been mulling over various problems.

Leisure! Ever since the start of the year I had to do lots of dropping stuff - I'm no longer running or playing the piano, regrettably. But anime is one thing that helps me relax so I'm still going for that. Watching Moyashimon now, which is a rather interesting anime about a Agricultural College student who can see microbes as cute little emoji look-a-like thingies. Quite educational, as it teaches about the kinds of micro-organisms that can be found around your home and are important in daily life!

Hope I keep up the habit of blogging again (although I can't guarantee that I can do so). Shall try my best!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.