Skip to main content

His Kingdom Will Know No End

And so the busyness of this holiday period has ended, with 3 tiring events now out of the way!

First was YE Camp from the 19th to the 22nd of December. During that time, we played many games, learnt valuable lessons, grew spiritually and grew closer. It was a really wonderful time, my first time as an overseer of a camp. And its very very different as someone mentoring and taking care of the ones who lead. You see everything as opportunities to strengthen those under your charge, wanting to do your best to instill in them values that they, in future can teach the younger ones. The feel for this camp was definitely different, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly nonetheless, learning to let go and let God work within the leaders.

Did lots of driving for the camp, shifting logistics, buying groceries and transporting people here and there. The car couldn't have come at a better time, as this year it was really quite needed! Also, got to interact more with the younger people, giving them strength and bringing them together with the old. This camp was really special! I didn't learn so much from the sessions, but instead from the entire process of being a good example to the rest, an encouraging the younger ones to step up and contribute their best for God! Really thankful to see the younger ones rise up!

The camp theme: Must. Find. What I've found is truly in a way the Kingdom of God, and my present role in it. My desire is now to develop the people in YE to become strong in supporting, loving, and caring for each other, and that's my way of searching for God's kingdom. During this camp, I've seen what I can contribute to that, and I'm going to keep contributing to it.

Second thing: CCIS! I was part of the munchkin skit, and reprised my role as the angel. Decided to add in more elements to bring across the concept of hope that everyone celebrating Christmas should embody, the hope we have in Jesus Christ. And I hope I managed to pull that off! Van performed too, a guzheng performance with her friends, and after, I managed to interact lots with her friends, and I'm glad to have met them. Seeing the little girls perform brought me back to the time I too had to perform. And it looks like they're way better than me. =P

Lastly... Christmas day, which just passed! Played for service, and enjoyed it very very much. Playing with Nat has always been one of the things I love the most. And the way the band coordinated everything was really special to me. Within the worship and preparation, I felt God tell me that to usher in His kingdom, the right focus on Jesus was needed, of the fact that He sacrificed so much, coming to earth for us. And I played with that feeling in my heart. Afterwards was the customary giving of gifts, and I thank everyone for the yummy snacks that they've given.

Its been a couple of years since I actually got properly in the Christmas mood, and this year I did. And its the first year I've bought presents with my own money, and from that I truly felt the spirit of gift giving: a giving from the heart genuinely wanting to bless others like Jesus had blessed me. Well, you learn something new every day!

Coming soon: end of year anime post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me