Skip to main content

180

Nothing much that went on during the 3 days I was in camp. Had to stand in for 2 days, but besides that there was much boredom... Sigh.

Playing again for main on sunday. Worship prac's on sat, and so is syc. Trying to organise (or more like getting someone to organise) a jamming session for the new mussos... They're doing really well at this point of time but we've still gotta do SDs and teach them how to lead private worship sessions. A lot to discuss with aunty kf and Rach, maybe Gerald as well. Sigh.

List of to dos for worship min in order of urgency:
1. Prep devotions/ask Rach to prep devotions
2. Discuss with JS and Daryl about jamming
3. Meet with aunty KF/Gerald
4. Meet with Rach
5. Go through survey results with Dan
6. Get started on bulletin
7. Schedule for June
8. Set some concrete goals for the worship min for next 2 quarters
9. Push for SD teaching + meet some pple in the worship min
10. Source for PA training workshop
11. Set date and run workshop on private worship
12. Set date and run worship min retreat (TBC)
13. Set date and run worship concert (TBC)
14. Source for devotion material for worship pracs
15. Request aid/research on databases

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me... Doesn't look humanly possible... But its never impossible with God with me. And I've got wonderful leaders, helpers and friends, so its nothing to worry about. =)

But of course, need prayer... Pray that I'll not lose focus. Whatever I'm doing I do for God and not mainly for myself or YE. Pray for perseverence. It'll be tough but I won't back down. Pray for wisdom. To handle anything that comes my way. Its easy to get lost in all the business and work and stuff like that... So I'm counting on all the help I can get. Yeah!

Oh some good news. 180 days to ORD. Hehehehehe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.