Skip to main content

Heart Pressed, Still Beating

400th post!

11 months to ORDDDDD! (Congrats to aniki who just ORDed =))

The previous week's been difficult... Into my first official week of driving course, and as predicted, the only tough part about it is the instructors scolding you all the time, and thats the part where the day seems especially long. Theory, parking and simulator lessons are pretty easy.

So far I've passed my highway code and landrover assessments, which certify me to drive on public roads... Next tuesday you may see me around the east of Singapore driving lol.

Accomodation, food and the quality of facilities here seem pretty poor in comparison to Stagmont camp... To think that so many people in Stagmont are complaining about the food. From now on I'll select very good everytime a food survey turns up back at Stagmont camp.

***

YM Camp...

Well, initially because of driving course I didn't want to go at all. Cos it would mean instantly coming for camp after book out, as well as booking in later in the day after camp ended. Which equals to no time to do much.

But of course, God was gracious... He helped me complete my "homework" during the duration of the camp. It was great that my group members didn't complain when I didn't help them out during bidding sessions, cos I was doing my "homework" during that time.

Overall, had a lot of fun. For pics... Go ahead to my facebook account if you have one, look for either Mel Goh or Sarah Teo under my friends. You'll probably see lots of pics. I didn't learn too much during the camp to tell the truth, but it was a real great refresher, as well as a source of confirmation that I belonged to YM as a leader.

Every single day I praised the Lord, because I knew every single moment in the camp that He was telling me that this was where my service would lie for a long time to come. Seeing all the young uns grow up is pretty wonderful, rewarding, and inspiring. When each of them realise that God is sovereign... Those are the best moments.

***

Japan Japan Japan Japan
Japan is very good.
(sung to the tune of Dango Daikazoku)

Pardon the randomness. Here are the pics for Japan. (Though I only got a couple of days worth after my phone ran out of batt a few times.)

Our destination: Sapporo!
One of the reasons I love winter: the whiteness, the purity, the beauty. Daisuki!
A random map of a park... It looks like chinese but don't be fooled! Its jap. Or is it? Heh.
Another point in the case of winter being an awesome season. Kirei! In both senses of the word.
Beer, made fresh. Not my cup of tea. Of course, it all makes sense because its beer, not tea. (Pardon the random random.)
Not having too much fun cos of the cold right, monkeys? Just like my bros lol.
My mom the crab killa. Ok time for a jap lesson! Crab in jap = kani. Hotpot in jap = nabe. So what did I eat all day in Japan? Put the words together yourself.
Bear, oooh scary! And no Aniki and Alvin, its not the bear you think it is, although I was in Japan. (Anime joke, apologies if you don't understand)
What good is an auto door if you have to push it? Nonononono. All you have to do is push the rectangular button you see before you an the door will slide to the left. Neat, huh? The only thing you wish is that jap signs/instructions could be more clearer.
I should've known I'd find this, right Richmond? How many branches do you own? Lol.

***

332 days to ORD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!