Skip to main content

Star Crossed

Here are some of the photos from Hillsongs! Most of them were taken outside cos there was no flash photography allowed during the performances.


In the back row: Cheryl Lin, Christine, Hazel. Front row: Shaunald and Daryl.



From left to right: Mark, Aaron and Darren. Darren's wearing my shirt. =S


Ok they were on the hill calling out random names to see if anybody from the crowd responded.

***

I'm quite unhappy the tagboard was deleted without prior warning. I thought they'd have sent an email when the tagboard was inactive. Gah.

Unhappy about many other things.

1. Firstly missing out on church camp, and another extra guard duty on 14th June, a saturday of all days.

2. Secondly I've been feeling that all my other friends have gone ahead of me. They're all walking their paths much faster than me while I stagnate. Examples: Shu getting her driving license, all the gals accepting their unis etc etc. I've got a year and 6 months to wait. Which is incredibly painful.

3. Lastly a bit angry that future doctors are showing signs of irresponsibility and incapability. Examples: One of my absent minded platoon mates (who loses a lot of his stuff) got accepted while I didn't. (How is he gonna take care of the patients responsibly?) Other people who get accepted choose not to lead a healthy lifestyle. (Lead by example right?) Others joke about what they're gonna do in future. They aren't serious or passionate about it. Maybe for interviews they were but I don't see anything that makes them deserving of a place in NUS.

What I said above isn't like me. It scares me when those thoughts appear in my head. And thats the worst part of it all. God help me...

***

Got my HBDI personality test results. I'm a left brainer of course. A > B > C > D. Strongest in analytical skills. 101 points in quadrant A, the Rational Quadrant. 80 points in quadrant B, the safekeeping quadrant. 60 points in quadrant C, the feeling quadrant. And 53 points in quadrant D, the experimental quadrant.

It says when I'm faced with stress or adversity, I'll tend to withdraw to think, while appealing to my emotional self and logic at the same time. However I'll try not to take any risks, calculated or uncalculated. Yup thats about it.

***

Finished S-Cry-Ed.

Basically its about a special natural disaster called the great upheaval that caused a land called the Lost Ground to appear. After that disaster, 5% of people on the Lost Ground have the special ability to deconstruct and reconstruct matter into other forms, and this power was named Alter.

60 years after that a small area of the Lost ground was urbanised by people from the mainland, and a military organisation called HOLD was formed for the sake of reformation of the lost ground. However many native Alter users did not like to be controlled by the mainland and hence rebelled against the system. HOLD, in turn gathered their own set of Alter users, forming a task force called HOLY.

This anime is mainly about the fight between Kazuma, a native born alter user wanting to protect the lost ground by ensuring its independence from the mainland, and Ryuho, an alter user and strongest member of HOLY. They clash multiple times cos they just don't like each other.

However, there is a greater evil behind the scenes manipulating everyone. Can the both of them join forces despite their differences and defeat the evil for the sake of those living on the Lost Ground?

To find out, watch the anime. Just go to youtube and look for the user ehpsport. He has all the episodes. Yup.

Now I'm watching Basilisk, which is based on Japanese history and the battle between Koga and Iga clans for supremacy, pride, as well as politics. The sad thing about this anime is that there are 2 pairs of star crossed lovers that can only be together in death. Sad huh.

***

Stuff next week: IMT and Range. Woo magazine of 8 rounds load.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!