Skip to main content

Goodbye Joshua And Themis

Well, a bit unhappy that I've only got approximately 24 hours to enjoy my civilian life for this time's bookout, but I'm quite certain I'll get almost 72 hours of free time soon. And I'm looking forward to it.

Its been a downright boring week. Have a lot of free time, cos after shooting at the arcade range, it would only be 11am or so, and we'd have free time until about 6pm. Only things to do are read, sleep, play guitar, pack stuff, clean the bunk and do saikang.

But there are some highlights...

1. Sergeant Joshua going back to guards

Well theres one sergeant whos really funny and nice, and proud to be a guardsman in the army. He was attached to our platoon in order to try out being in a leadership role for about 3 weeks. I guess we all got really attached to him while he was here, and when he had to go we followed him all the way to the ferry terminal to stay goodbye at the expense of our bathing time.

Looking forward to meeting up with him in the civilian world.

2. My fate is sealed

Express Interest End Survey just passed, and I have strongly declared my intention not to become a commander, and instead be a regular NS man. The allowance was attractive, the knowledge that you'd gain from learning more was attractive.

But all in all, I guess God and the worship ministry came first for me. I'd rather forsake the authority and power in the army than my service in the church. Cos I know if I go to SISPEC or OCS my weekends may get terribly, terribly burnt. So now I hope I get into a slack unit, one that can book out everyday. I know aunty k's hoping and praying for that too.

3. Rat problem

For those scared of little critters, don't come to pulau tekong. Its rat infested. Just the other day my friends from the bunk beside us caught a rat. Some of them were screaming like girls and thats how we know. They put the rat in a pail and fed it biscuits for awhile. Until the sergeants came, took it away and drowned it. =(

Oh and the rat's name is Themis.

4. Grenade! 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000

Honestly, while other people were trembling in their boots, I was pretty excited to throw a real, actual grenade. Talk about dangerous, but it didn't matter to me. I'm not scared of a lot of things, even blood and death and ghosts and the lists goes on, so why should I be scared of a grenade?

So because I was the last man in my platoon, I was one of the last to throw, and the feeling was super shiok. Its nothing like cs I tell you. Yup so Kestrel finished it pretty fast, in about 5 hours despite having 7 or so blinds. And the overseer praised us. =)

***

Went out for a little music enjoyment at indochine last night with Gerald, Paul and Ernest, and had pool before that. And my pool is getting very good IMO. Looking forward to playing more.

So listened to Catsinecradle play, and was impressed thoroughly. And my dream is to be at that standard by the time I finish my uni and army. Because in the future, I do see myself doing Christian band performing arts not only with Eden-Sol but externally as well.

And if I do get into med, I'm thinking overseas med missions especially in places like africa where diseases are so rampant. I can probably bring my guitar there as well as the Lord's glory.

Looking forward to As release, because it is the key to unlocking my future in Christ. And don't worry, I have a backup plan should I not get into med, so don't think I'm putting all my eggs in one basket ok? =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me