Skip to main content

Tony Tony Chopper

A year of changes... Beginning to unfold!

First change: New QT Material!

I've decided that since I've finished the one year bible reading, and I've seen the outline of the entire bible more clearly through this year, I should find some way to link it all together. So I dug into my cupboards in search of something that may help...

And I found a bible handbook by Dr Henrietta C. Mears. Hopefully this'll help me link all the pieces all together and find deeper significance in whatever I read.

Besides guiding you spiritually, it gives some info that you'd never be able to discover yourself. Talk about piquing someones interest in the bible...

Some interesting trivia I've learnt about the bible in the first chapter so far:
Jesus quotes from 22 books of the OT

19 times in Matthew
15 in Mark
25 in Luke and
11 in John

Revelation quotes the OT 245 times

Longest book in the NT: Luke
Most chapters in the NT: Matthew!
Longest verse: Esther 8:9
Shortest verse: John 11:35
Longest chapter: Psalm 119
Shortest chapter: Psalm 117

Interesting right? If there're anymore learning points I get from it I'll post it here!

Second change: Watchnight Service

Honestly, I didn't enjoy previous watchnight services as much as this year's. I liked the make a joyful noise segment. It was something new and fresh. It had an element of rejoicing and praise, yet retained a segment of reflection and looking back.

The activities before were great. The usual bowling tradition... I've never bowled very well before watch night... But that night I got 138 in my first and only round. Then we made our way down for pool, and after that we made our way to service.

The activities after were even better. I loved the sharing especially. I think Dan and Martin made very good points. Its good that younger leaders stepped up to share, although initially I'd been asked to. Well shall write my thanksgiving here instead.

I really thank God for honouring my act of worship to Him. Remember one of the posts where I said that passing NAPFA would be my act of worship unto Him? Thats the one I'm talking about.

Cos because of that I've been freed from early NS, I've been able to show His glory through playing in camp, helping out in the logs team for outreach, and finally playing during Watchnight Service. For that I thank and praise the Lord! =)

Third change: New things to learn

Well I was scheduled to take the basic theory test for driving today. But for some reason it wasn't registered! So I made a wasted trip to the driving centre. But never mind since its so close.

Now that I've done my part to spread God's glory around... I'm ready mentally and spiritually for NS. Looking forward to knowing Him more through interacting with new people, and experiencing a new way of life.

In 10 days it'll be sayonara! I'm stoked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.