Skip to main content

Lookin' Back...

Lookin' Back...

Long one today! Looking back at all the stuff I've done the past year...

Beginning... 20th Oct 2004

Wow!!! Finally got the time to get a BLOG of my own...
Thats so great!
Check in this site for every discussion of:
  • the latest soccer news,
  • league tables and
  • results.
Anyone here, you can educate me about the cool additional stuff you can do with a BLOG!

Well... wonder what else I can do with this besides posting...

YE Games (Sentosa) 25th Oct 2004

Well, the trip to Sentosa for games was really good! Kudos to the organising committee of Sarah, Joshua, Ian and Hui Juan!! They did an awesome job. We haven't had this much fun in ages...
Well, kudos to all those who participated too, you were the ones that made it nice. Credit goes to everyone there, gals and guys for co-operating among each other, and showing people how strong YE can be!

I'm sure that people would want to join us once they have seen what we were doing. Honestly, its the first time in a long while I've seen the YE so united, even the guys were co-operating with the girls and vice versa. Once again, all you guys out there did a great job!!

Holiday at China 30th Oct 2004

We're going on the holiday to China on Sunday morning, so see you guys when I come back on Friday the 5th. I guess its pretty cold there now. (Ben HO's been broadcasting the weather everyday on MSN) Well, looking forward to it.

RI RG Guitar Comm Meeting 27th Nov 2004

On Thursday we went out with the RGGE Exco. Cool meeting. We discussed a lot about how to solve both CCA's problems and how to colaborate in future. Ming Fang, Emily and Wu Lei are nice people actually. Yay... Afterward we went to watch the Incredibles.

COGS-SJC Combined Camp 3rd Dec 2004

Well, we huys from COGS and St James are more than half way through the camp, and I must say that itn has been quite fun and enriching. In every single sermon, we can' say that we haven't learnt anything out of it. The glory of God is up to us to show to the world, and no matter what happens, we have to minister to others, in order to glorify his name.

D-Edge Camp 9th Dec 2004

Hey guys... I'm going to the D Edge Camp from Thursday to Saturday with Louis and Myrtle. Hoping to learn more about the Bible and Christ, also trying to find the answer I need. I've decided that I'm not gonna let this feeling of uselessness put me down... I'm gonna wait until God gives me an answer, no matter how long it takes. Meanwhile, I'm keeping my hopes up.

Well, I came to this camp with a question. What did God want me to do after I've learnt so much? The answer I got was simple. Wait. Yeah. That was the answer. I have to have faith in God that he has your life in his hands, and no matter what he wants you to do, it will come, sooner or later. Besides that, I got a chance to try youth evangelism, which is pretty cool. Help them see the light, cos they'll be going to eternal condemnation if you don't help them.

Christmas Caroling with YFC 21 Dec 2004

Oh man... After Monday's caroling session, I was so tired. Slept immediately once I reached home. Just like after church camp with St.James. I miss their table-soccer machine... We went to a kindergarten at Yishun first, and the kids were so cute. They were smiling and saying hello to us after we finished and they couldn't bear to see us leave. We said our final goodbyes and went on to Novena. Then we went to the Christian's Old Folks Home. The old ladies there looked so sad and forlorn, and I couldn't help but give my best while singing. Then we went to the All Saint's Home at Tampines. I slept on the train and looked through the chord book Tim gave me on the way. When we arrived, we started from the third floor. It was kinda difficult cos it was an open air area. We had to sing really loud... Had lots of fun. I will never forget the YFC people. I miss their table soccer machine also. Thanks to Ronica, Xiu Ying, Jeffrey and Zhao Lin for guiding me through. Those who are going for caroling on Friday, prepare to be tired when you finish...

Christmas Caroling with YE 24th Dec 2004

The first stop was Lee Ah Mooi's, and we passed RVHS along the way. Reminds me of all my friends who went there... Reached there and did caroling, too bad my guitar didn't match up to your voices... After it finished, I tried acting like a loner, sitting at the steps. It worked... Nick did talk a lot with me though... Went to the next place. Saw my school along the way. Talked about the people who jumped down the tracks. Then sat and ambulance to nightingale. Mark was lying on the stretcher. Paul was joking about it. Thanks Li En for holding the scores for me there. Had to wait for Shirley at the MRT station... Yes Charissa, I do know who Sami Hyypia is... Then went to Uncle Kai Leong's house. Thats all... It was great overall. We got closer together through this all you YE people... Miss Jon and Kenneth though.

Raffles Trail 9th Jan 2005

Haha... Friday was kind of great. Me and ten other Guitar Ensemble people put up a great display at the Raffles Trail for the Sec 1s to choose their CCAs... It went quite well I must say... From 3 onwards, we played Jiro Hasebe's Summer Wind for them until about 5pm. Thanks all you guys for helping! From 5 onwards, most of them left and we played with four people left, playing Quartet in D, and the parents started coming in... Nervous! I was the one who talked, and I felt quite at home talking to students, but then, parents? Luckily I didn't blank out. Haha... Thanks to those who stayed late, namely Chin Heng, Josh and Daniel. You guys did great! You guys were so polite that many of them decided to talk to us... It ended at 8, and we cleared up the place and went home, feeling really happy.

Tammy's Wedding 11th Jan 2005

Yay.... Congratulations to my cousin Tammy again, for getting such a wondeful and funny husband. Hope he didn't get too drunk last night... Got a chance to catch up with my relatives on my mom's side. So I guess the trip down was good...

RVCO Concert 27th Jan 2005

Went to see my cousin's CO concert at the VCH. It was great seeing all my old P6 friends who had gone to RVH. I met Song Hua, and saw Serene Neo, Jing Hui and Jun Xiong, and of course my cousin Serene Low. RVCO actually composed a song by themselves for the percussion instruments. Really cool! Went to eat Macs late at night after that at West Coast with my uncle and Daryl.

Auntie Sharon's Wake Feb 4th 2005

I was kinda numb throughout the wake. Not that I wasn't concerned, or anything negative. Maybe it was because my grandma died when I was acout 6 years old. I cried a lot and was really sad when I was young. Maybe thats why this wasn't as bad a thing as compared to what I experienced in the past. Read the book of job again. Doesn't tell anything about being numb about suffering. If you do find it, tell me ok? I wanna know if what I'm feeling is actually natural or not. It kind of makes me feel weird and different. Haha. Well.

CNY 9th Feb 2005

After school, rested at home, then went to my grandma's house for reunion dinner. Nice to be with all your cousins. Even nicer if you played TaiTi and JimRummy and won $23.90 off them. Hahaha! I'm getting too ahead of myself here. Hahaha. Sorry guys. Never gamble with me. NEVER! Hahaha. Sorry again. Wells, got to rush back to my grandma's house!

Old Folk's Concert 20th Feb 2005

Performed at the old folk's concert in my school on Friday. The old people were nice. We played Tico and Chinatown. The only problem was that we didn't have enough mikes. Dunno if the old people heard us or not... I think we played well! After that, the chairman (Yu Sheng) treated me, Chin Heng, Karthik, Hyqel, Yu Zhuo and Sherman to Swensens at J8. We joked about the chairman's name. (It being the new year: Lao Yu Sheng) Then after dinner we ordered on regular earthquake. Then after eating it, we played with the dry ice. Haha. People were watching. Haha. It was funny though. We added pepper, chilli sauce and mayo to the dry ice, then put in more water. The CO2 that came out was slightly yellowish in colour. Weird. I left in a hurry after that. Haha.

RIGE Orientation 6th Mar 2005

We finally did some stuff the seniors before us couldn't: Organise a successful Orientation for Sec1s that was knda interesting! Haha. Got some good insights into the new batch, and also about my friends in the RIGE. There were some down points for me too though...

Genus 9th Mar 2005

Genus Concert went just fine... NUS Guitar Ensemble is really proded! I want to be like that! Lets see... The guitars I want to master are Acoustic, Bass and Classical! Yeah. Actually this year's Genus concert was a bit interesting. They played a Japanese song and some jazz, but most pieces were classical. The Alto runs were really fast. I could tell that the Guitaron player was good too... Saw Josh there! He was there with his HCJCGE Friends. He was sitting in the row in front of mine.

PoP! 25th Apr 2005

PoP was insane!!! Thank you Lord for everything you've done, thank you SJC people for coming down, thank you all the parents for helping, thank you COGS people for making it such a success. Thats the power of unity in Christ! Yeah. The games went smoothly, Gerald and me were like playing along, the food looked yummy, although I couldn't eat any, and the concert was awesome! The script was funny, but the comedians on stage were even more funnier. The singers were great, the band was great, the audience was great, everything was awesome! And those people trashing the boxes at the end... Those people waving bye like crazy... Uhh... No comment. Praise the Lord! For he is good!

SYF 28th Apr 2005

The results are out! And... We got Gold. Not bad. Although we didn't get the honours. I think nobody got honours, not even ACS and RGS. Hmm... Never mind. When I'm in RJ, I'll make sure that the honours are in the bag! Hopefully... Haha. SYF has been a fun experience. The time spent training with my fellow RIGE people has been real fruitful and insightful. And funny as well. They're a bunch of jokers. Can't wait for the RIGE June Camp and combined Amazing Race with RGGE. Good job RIGE and RGGE people! RJGE people too!

Founder's Day 13th May 2005

Founders Day reheasal was a breeze. We managed to put our rock act together, but the teacher felt that it was inappropriate for the occasion and scrapped it... Haha. Never mind. We only put in one hour of work in anyways. The internet connection in the library is screwed and so is the Novell log in. We couldn't save our work anywhere and ended up doing nothing. Haha.

Holiday at China 8th Jun 2005

Hey guys!!! I'm back! China was awesome... Lets see... Oh. Pics. Wait awhile for em. Cos I still can't seem to figure out some stuff about pic adding. Uh huh.

Lets see... The trip was ok I guess. City life is harsh. Very harsh. Either you make it, or you totally don't. Yeah. Thats what I saw when I visited Shanghai. Small businesses struggling to stay afloat. Large businesses roping in the cash. But... I guess thats how life goes.

RIGE Camp 16th Jun 2005

Whoa. Just realised how much stuff has piled up because of the camp. Well... Its irritating when you come back from hols or camp, lots of work just smashes you in the face. Haha. And I need sleep...

Anyway, RIGE Camp was a huge success! Awesome. They liked it, but said it was a little too short. 2 days 1 night is surely not enough... Too bad our teacher decided on it before consulting us. Otherwise it would have been longer. Well.

Youth Day/Piano Concert 10th Jul 2005

Hmms. Before that I was at piano concert... And I did quite well! A bit out of tempo... But nice! I think I picked the right piece. Not boring, not monotonous. Kinda special in a way. The only jazzy kind of piece I heard so far. The finale was our sextet performance! Yingda, Jensen, Winston, Jurena, Denise and me! We made an awesome team!!! After the concert was a short prize giving thingy. Acknowledging those who did well in exams and pass up homework and are well disciplined that kinda thing. I got a prize! Haha. My effort all these years hasn't been wasted! Yay.

After that, it was raining so I decided to call a cab. Plus I had to lug my amp, extension wire and guitar back to church. So I called a cab and they put me on hold for 20 or so minutes... Bah. But then some people coming for another concert arrived in a cab and so I took the cab to church! Lucky me! Those people saved me so much effort... I arrived back in church at about 5:25... Just nice... Halfway during the Jesus Generation song! Haha. Saw Shaun, Ben, Paul and Kim outside waiting to go in. So we watched the performance together! Yay.

Happy Birthday/Ultramarathon/Sonic Fest 31st Jul 2005

Haha! Yay! Finally 16... Actually I was hoping I'd get super powers when I woke up... But anyways, thanks for all the well wishes and the birthday greetings! Love all you guys... I'm glad it falls on a Sunday. The best birthday present I could give to myself is to help the Lord in service! And thats what I'm gonna do today!

Then went down to Fort Canning. Met up with Paul, Daniel and his friend. Ate BK at PS and then walked to Park Mall. Park Mall's full of furniture shops. Boring... Anyways, climbed our way to the top of Fort Canning, and went in! Yay. Met John, Gerald and Yan Leen. Met Guoren and Gabriel as well... It got dark pretty soon, and the fun started! Planetshakers rocked, everyone was like jumping, lifting their hands, clapping etc. Awesome time of praise. Then it was Sonic Flood! Awesome time of worship. The lead singer shared his testimony about him having a disease that affected his intestines, but he still persevered with the power of the Lord! Awesome.

After that, went to school to run with William Tan, whos trying to break a record for the most distance run in 24 hours. Wow. Somebody breaking a Guiness world record. Right in my school! Sweet. I think I got my picture taken by one of the photographers... Saw Yong Sheng with Wu Lei (I think). Haha. Looks like a couple! Haha. Just joking. Ran 17 rounds, which is 9.8km. Of course I took rests in between. I'm not that good k.

RIGE Concert 28th Aug

The concert was the best ever in my four years in RIGE! We did well... There were some problems with the acoustics in the auditorium, but our playing made up for it! Haha. You guys saw the reverse low five right? Me and Yu Zhuo came up with it, and Hyqel and Ari were looking. They needed something to do as a sign of friendship, so... Yups. Thats how it came about. Cool huh. Haha. Well, glad that I can finally relinquish my leadership position. I was getting quite bored of it. Haha.

RE Semis/AGM 1st Oct 2005

Haha! My RE got into the semi-finals, and today was the presentation! One thing I'm very sure of... My presentation skills are getting better! Haha! Hmms... We had to present in front of a camera! Err... Not easy. But it went quite well! Actually I'm fine with being in the finals, its just one more day of nervousness...

Hmms... It was AGM on Friday. Haha. Official goodbye to the CCA and stuff. Honestly... I'm feeling over the moon! Haha. I was waiting so badly to give my position to some one else. So today we talked about the events of the year, each position's job scope, and of course the people who would be taking over us! Just some info for the RGGEM people (If you visit! Haha.)

Career's Forum 25 Sep 2005

Went for career's forum! It was supposed to be until 6 but I left at 4. Cos I'm now very sure of what steps I have to take! I'll take medicine, then branch out to pathology, then to forensic pathology, where I'll be involved in both forensics lab work, as well as finding causes of sickness by looking at how a patient dies... Then, I can see how to save people that have that sickness! Thats one rare scope of medicine, and I'm gonna do it! Forensic Pathology, here I come! Yeah!

So...

Looking back at the past year... Its been awesome! Looking forward to another awesome year ahead! There's been lots of things this year... Didn't include all of them. But the main activities are here. The way my life's changed because of one single BLOG. It was the first step to letting people know more about me... Its kinda special isn't it? Thanks blogspot. And thanks guys for being with me this year! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.