Skip to main content

Amen.

K. Uh... What should I say? Uh... Youth Day! Was sleepy. I slept till 12, then stoned and stoned and stoned and played the guitar and stoned... Then ate lunch and stoned. Yeah. Something like that. What a way to spend youth day! Bah.

My mom's wallet got stolen... On Wednesday, she went shopping at Tampines. She told me she entered Baleno and she still had her wallet. Then a woman holding a T-shirt bumped into her and the next time she checked her bag, her wallet was gone! ... I was in the MRT when I heard the news. When she told me I was like "What the???" I must've been very loud cos everyone was looking at me. Haha.

Friday was Mufti Day. I wore home clothes! Yay. Actually I could've gone home early, but I stayed back to look at what the Sec3s had prepared for Open House. To tell the truth... The Sec4 batch is stronger at playing. Played chess with Chin Heng. I kinda taught him lots of stuff. The En Passant, the different pieces they had in the past, and of course, the all important crazy queen technique. Haha. Those who play chess with him or me, beware of our queen.

Went to meet the band on Saturday. We had breakfast and tried to think of a band name. My suggestion was Eden-Sol. Eden was where people were once together with God, walking with him. That is our band's mission: to bring everyone back into God's arms. Sol represents our desire to complete God's work. So I thought it was kinda appropriate. Guoren thought of Red Heifer. A heifer is a cow that hasn't given birth yet. It signifies the purity of our God. The red represents his blood, signifying the holy communion and the sacrifice he made for us. We kinda narrowed our choices to Red Heifer and Eden... Any suggestions for a band name? Any comments on our choices?

War of the Worlds... Nothing special, nothing exceeding my expectations. Went to PS with Nat, Fiona, Mark, Paul, Jon, Ernest, Amanda, Char, Shu, Eugene, Martin! Before the movie me and Nat and Mark entered the arcade and exited at the other side. When we came out, Paul was gone! He went into the arcade to look for us actually. So Jon went in to look for Paul, but Paul had already come out of the Arcade by that time. So we had to wait for Jon. Haha.

Ok. We kinda got seperated at the Dhoby Ghaut MRT. Doors closed. So I was with Amanda, Char, Shu and Paul. And Jon, Martin, Nat, Fiona and Mark were on the other train. We met up at City Hall and took the train back. Jon got off first, then Amanda, Char, Shu. Thats strange... How come I don't remember Nat and Fiona getting off? At Clementi Paul and Mark went down from the train so I was talking to Martin a lot.

We kinda talked about lots of stuff, but something very important came out. The fact that we are unique. In this world in which money, fame, wealth, friends, love matters so much, we're both two of the many people that are trying to go against that flow. And I think he's the only one I know who's able to withstand the pull of the world... I kinda feel a special connection with him. We don't have much in common, but this is something that unites us!

I learnt something about myself that night. About why I am more vocal with one person than a group. Simple. I don't wanna leave anyone out of the conversation. For me, its kinda hard to think of topics to discuss that inlcude eveyone. So I just keep quiet. Whereas in a one on one conversation, its easier cos you only need to know some stuff about the person to think of the topic. Hmm... Yups.

I can't come next Sunday! Yes Mel! Its super super sad! Good luck with singing Jesus Generation guys and to the worship team as well! God bless you guys. May the spirit of the YE be seen on the 10th. Let God be seen embodied in everyone of us. May God be glorified on that day! Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me