Skip to main content

On to China!

Hey guys!!! I'm back! China was awesome... Lets see... Oh. Pics. Wait awhile for em. Cos I still can't seem to figure out some stuff about pic adding. Uh huh.

Lets see... The trip was ok I guess. City life is harsh. Very harsh. Either you make it, or you totally don't. Yeah. Thats what I saw when I visited Shanghai. Small businesses struggling to stay afloat. Large businesses roping in the cash. But... I guess thats how life goes.

The first day... Woke up real early. At about 5 just to check my mail and send important RE stuff and YE stuff. Then since I got lots and lots of time, I did some of the quizzes from Blogthings. Actually most of em. Most of the results were a foregone conclusion. I know myself quite well I guess. There was this one quiz... About what I thought of my friends. I was supposed to associate my friends with colours and objects... And you'll never guess the results. Turns out that my soulmate is... Well. I'd better stop there. Haha. Well... Got to the airport late cos of the taxi driver. The flight was pretty boring. 5 hours of nintendo isn't fun. When we arrived it was dinner time and we went to a fancy restaurant to try the famous Peking Duck. Then we went back to the hotel for some rest.

The second day... Woke up bright and early and headed to the huangpu river for a looksee. We took the subway there and it was awesome. Kinda like the old Singapore MRT system except that there were no safety measures. Haha. I like it that way. We arrived at the nearest station which was Henan Road then walked there. We reached there, and the view was awesome. We took a ship ride to see the entire Huangpu river. It was fantastic. The wind was nice, the view was nice. But my hair got messy cos of the wind. Haha. We then walked to Yuyuan, some kind of park or something. Got to try the Xiaolongbao. It tasted good. Awesome. Except for the vinegar... We shopped for awhile and decided to go on to one of the shopping streets. We walked super long. And our legs hurt. Then we went back by subway again.

The third day... Those stupid pains came. Argh. I kinda figured out that there are two kinds of pain. Theres one if you don't eat, and another one if you eat too much or you eat the wrong stuff. So now... I have to not eat too much, not eat to little, and not eat the wrong stuff. Its kinda annoying to have those restrictions. But well... Went to the subway and took the train to see the Pearl Tower at Lujiazui Station. It was tall and it was pink. Yeah. Thats what I remember of it. All the other buildings were brown or black or white. And there was this one pink tower growing out of nowhere. Haha. Well... After that, we kinda went to the riverside to have a look. And the view was even more awesome at the opposite side of the river. Lots of couples were there, and some wedding couples came to take their wedding photos. There were lots of dragonflies around the place too. Then we went to another shopping street, then back by subway. Again.

The fourth day... Sunday. I missed YE. I missed you guys. I was kinda homesick. Anyways, we went by car to Suzhou. About an hour's drive. Uncle Victor met us at the hotel and took us to lunch at a Szechuan restaurant. Suzhou reminds me of awesome food, awesome nature and God's awesome work. The scenery was just so nice... And the food too. We went to some underground cave created by weathering. It was real cold inside. And there was lots of steep areas and areas where I had to bend my head to avoid whacking myself on the ceiling. It was slippery as well. My dad almost lost his footing. We took a couple of awesome photos, but... It was too dark. Haha. We went to another garden and uncle Victor came too. It was a small hill. Where some buddhist monk claimed to have did a stand on only one finger. Haha. Well. Dunno if thats true. But one third of his ashes were there. My bros kept laughing at the bad english on the signs. There was one sign labelled "Cheezit slip" or something. Uh... We saw a couple of funny signs as well. We got one of em on the digital cam. Well. There was one place where we had to pass through a super narrow and steep gorge one at a time. It was fun. I led the way of course. After going shopping again, we went back to the hotel.

The fifth day... Went to lots and lots of parks. Nothing much except more bad english and lots of scenery. It was nice... But I guess the novelty of it all wore off. We went to Zhou Village, some sort of ancient water city. The entrance fee was... 100 yuan. Totally not worth it. It was a rip off, so we decided to go shopping again. Bought a total of 7 shirts and 3 pants. Theres one shirt that has a name almost similar to my BLOG's! Cool. Then went back to hotel.

The last day. Woke up early. Waited for a long long time. Then went to the airport and reached home. Watched Robots and the Pacifier on the plane. The End.

Lots of stuff I saw, lots of experiences, but lots of stuff to do now. See ya guys soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me