Skip to main content

My Very First Pool Session!

Still very tired. Not because I don't have enough sleep. Its because I sleep too much now! Thats why I'm here at this early time of morning BLOGging... Haha. Well... My very first pool session...

After the PoP meeting on thursday, me, Paul, Ian, Jon, Gerald and Yan leen went for pool at Ceneleisure. Although it was late and my parents asked me to reach home by 11:00. Bah. Wells. The first game was a double match between me/Paul and Ian/Jon. I had beginners luck. The first two shots I hit, the ball went in. Haha. Then I kept missing after that. We lost cos Paul hit the ball into the wrong pocket or something? I'm not sure. Hah. Played jon once and lost by one ball. Played Yan Leen and lost by 3 balls. Won once and lost twice vs Paul. The first game against Paul, it was 4 balls left for both of us. I hit the black ball into the pocket. I was aiming for the blue ball and then it went in and somehow the black ball did too. Bah. Haha. Paul gave me a chance, and in the end he lost cos he hit the white ball and black ball into the pocket at the same time. He said it was a draw but I count it as a loss. Haha. The second match... Same mistake by Paul. The third match... It was so close! I could have won if I hit that simple shot. But I didn't. Haha. One win in five matches. Haha. Not bad for a beginner though. Gerald kept giving me tips. Thanks!

Came home late. But it was far too late. Almost everyone was sleeping. So I sneaked in... And got caught. Haha. My dad told me not to come home that late again. Or else...

The next day at Easter service, I was sitting with my parents. Kenneth was ok I think. The main thing I focus on every session of Sermon is its applications to life. Focus on something, and the speaker never seems too confusing! The main thing I learnt was about temptation and sacrifice. Like the year before. Haha. Well, it was a reminder...

The PoP concert practice was great! I had fun. Lets see... We played:

Accidentally in Love
Love Song
Superman
Still

And my idol came down! When he came in I was sitting on the amps. Then Tim asked him to play the strings and when he came down and sat beside me I was kinda excited. (Although I didn't show it) When he said that he finally had the chance to listen to my bass playing, I almost flipped. Haha! Actually I figured the bass for Superman late last night cos I didn't sleep. We were doing it in A, so it went A, E, A, Gsharp, E, Gsharp, Fsharp, A, Fsharp, D, E, Fsharp, Gsharp. Repeat. The other parts are relatively simple. They use lots of skip chord notes in the places where the song gets more stonger and reaches its peak. Like Fsharp, Csharp, D. Uh huh. I have to go and figure out Accidentally in Love now. The last time I heard it, the bass wasn't as simple as I practiced it to be... Well. Practice makes perfect. Still is gonna be real strong. Love Song... I dunno. I have to figure out the bass too...

Wanted to go for dinner with Rach, Ian, my idol and Juan. But... You guys know what happened yesterday. Haha. Too bad. Really wanted to. My idol was there. Reached home at 9:30 and watched AI. That lousy woman is finally out. I wonder why she got there in the first place. Then watched survivor. Ulong lost again. Haha. Young uns losing to oldies+gay+super thin guy+women. Haha. Wonder how.

Thanks for wishing me happy Good Friday Shu! Thanks for wishing me a good sleep Rach. Somehow I managed to hear that. Haha! I'll wish all you guys the same! Happy good Friday, Hapy Easter, and happy sleeping. Haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me