Skip to main content

It Is Done

It is done. Well... I guess thats all thats needed to be said. The burden is gone, and thats all that matters.

This week was much better, thanks to everyone around me for making it easier. Could tell that some people held back on purpose so I'd feel better. I guess that helped. Thank you. This week was full of pleasant surprises, not to mention birthday celebrations. And I believe that it was God who arranged everything, from the little things to the large.

***

Eden-Sol

It was Sam's birthday... And Eden-Sol went to Swensens to celebrate the concert, as well as his birthday. Picture time!

Sam's birthday present from Eden-Sol!


Sam with his present haha.

We ate 2 regular earthquakes, and a firehouse happy birthday in total. We must've been ultra hungry. About 4 scoops of ice cream per person.

***

S03H

Day at the Museum! S03H's funky learning journey to the National Museum. More pics.

Intro pic.


Outside the National Museum.

Aswin, Azrin and Vivek. The chandeliers are nice. Carol, Christine, Debbie, Amanda in background.


Everyone got free iPod Gigas. Kidding. Its the tour software thing. To listen to explanations in the history gallery you have to press the buttons.

After the history gallery, me, Mam, Jheeva went to the food gallery. It was mental torture lol. Getting to smell all the great foods, and look at how they were prepared, but not being able to eat anything made me feel ultra hungry!

We sorta celebrated Amanda Lai's birthday in the fashion gallery in some dark corner. Her gang (Debbie, Christine, Carol and Mam) put up a puppet show for her haha. It was pretty amusing imo. And Mam played a song for her! Wow touching... Wish I could do that for someone. That would be way cool.

Had to go off early to reach school for our final prac before SYF!

***

Guitar

The day of reckoning came... And it was mostly mild, especially the lessons. When I reached the guitar room Chin Heng was there, and he was practising his cool runs. So I joined him and played together. Soon Eugene Lee LQ joined in and it sounded super nice on 3 guitars.

Went to change and reported at A57, the classroom with all the GE people. Took a few photos...


A few of the guys practising. Maybe singing Jay Chou songs.
A couple of friends dropped by... Leonard, Mie, Kenny, and a couple other people from my class. As well as Sam! Woo thanks man. They wished us all the best. And then the RI, RGS GE results came in... And it was a Gold With Honours for both of them. Exciting!

Soon we boarded the buses. Haha I took the mini bus cos it seemed more interesting. We reached the venue... Waited... Tuned up... Practised... And soon it was our turn. A lot of people were nervous, but I couldn't care less. I just wanted to get it over and done with. How did I feel? Well, emotionless, but pumped up, ready to see it through and bid it farewell once it was done.

We went and played our hearts out. It seemed like everyone was just so pumped up with all the passion culminating from all the past few months of practise. And everyone was satisfied with what we did.

The result: A Gold. A few people were quite dejected. But I didn't care. To me, the result didn't matter. All that matters was that we managed to fufill the ensemble's potential, we managed to make them enjoy the experience, and we managed to pull off a fantastic performance. Also, I was way too glad that the three weeks of pain were over to care about the results. Thursday was symbolic. It marked the end of the suffering, and an entry into the time of renewal.

Kudos to all GE people! You guys did extremely well. I think the e-mails by Yeng Yie, Taufiq, Hyqel and Ms Uma Chong said it all. Theres no reason to feel too sad about it.

***

YE

Friday... A day of rest, finally. Ponned school with permission from my parents, just to enjoy the quietness of His presence, enjoy a bit of free time, and catch up on studies. The whole of Thursday night and Friday was spent thanking God for his awesome presence in my life, and for making the week much better. The various things above helped make it fantastic.

Spent some time by myself thinking of the suffering and how everything was resolved. And I know I can never understand God's plan for me, until I look back.

Went to meet Shirley for lunch. Asked her about lots of things. Like how I should continue discipling qq, how she felt the worship ministry and YE was doing spiritually, and about some of the comments I've made here on my blog. And her replies were comforting. Thank you God for Shirley.

Went back home to play and do work. It seemed that after that there were no other burdens, no hard feelings left over. And I went for R Jazz concert expecting to have a good time, and of course I did. Tapping my feet to the music, singing along. It was fun. Lots of people were there. Once again, Sam (Eden-Sol + rock) was there, Eugene Lee LQ, Karthik, Pin, Michelle, Aditi, Daniel, Yichen, qq (guitar), Taufiq, Liying (guitar+rock), Chris, Debbie, Jheeva (S03H), Derrick (rock). Hmm did I miss out anybody?

Yeah so Hyqel, Vivek, Ari, Adam, Tsung Siang, Ying Wei, Boyle, Chermaine performed. And it was great!

Afterwards... Was expecting to go home alone. But found some company! Well met Michelle on the way to the MRT. She's one of the fellow Christians in RJGE. Haha started talking a lot about Christians in GE, and about music and instruments. Turns out she was going to AMK so it was the same way as me.

And we met someone else at the MRT. Daniel! He's from RJGE and he stays super close to me. So finally got someone to accompany me all the way to Bukit Gombak. And on the way... Someone called. It was Gerald! He asked me and Rachel out for supper.

Haha so once me and Dan reached Bukit Gombak, Dan went to see Rach. Turns out they're fellow TSD peoples. Then I got into Gerald's car and we drove to have prata for supper. Talked about pretty serious things which I shalln't go into. Then they crashed my house and disturbed my bros.

I was really thankful. I really didn't expect any company for the entire Friday night, and every single place I went, there was this comforting presence with my friends. It seemed that God was acting through them, and He was the one who created the circumstances for everything to happen. And theres only one thing I can do in return for Him.

Thank you God! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.