Skip to main content

For Who You Are

Hey guys... I guess I've sorta overestimated the pressure of juggling my rock, guitar, piano and H3 commitments. I'd expected myself to burn out by midweek, which was approximately Wednesday, then die for the rest of the week. Although I did burn out on Wednesday, after piano I felt strangely... Good. And the rest of the week felt like a breeze. Even though there was additional prac on Sat it was really nice.

Glad I'm feeling that way. Keep it up Ben Low! Only 17 days left to stress freeness!

***

Soccer

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 1
Bolton 1 Sheffield 0
Charlton 1 Wigan 0
Fulham 1 Portsmouth 1
Man U 4 Blackburn 1
Newcastle 0 Man City 1
West Ham 2 Middlesbrough 0
Watford 0 Chelsea 0
Tottenham 1 Reading 0

***

S03H

Well... Most of the results are back, and I guess its been better than expected. With only 2 days of mugging per subject I'm pretty surprised that I did that well. My powers of DOTS are pretty strong (probably thanks to Zheng), and I think my memory of past topics are very good. Will announce the results once I get my maths, GP and H3 Bio results.

H3 test was easier than expected. They gave the MOE level paper instead of the bomb hard kind given during the previous Promo exam, and it was much better. The standard of questions were quite satisfactory and ok to handle, so I'm sticking with Bio H3! Originally S03H was supposed to be a H3 Bio class, but everyone converted to NUS H3 Bio, H3 Chem, H3 Econs blah blah. Me, Sam, Chris are gonna stay true to our roots! Haven't asked the twins or Kashwin yet though.

Haha but I only started mugging on the day itself so I'll see how it goes haha.

Oh for the first time... I ponned two lectures in a row, and I guessed it was pretty well ponned, considering the content of the lectures. No white slip pls!

***

Eden-Sol

Well, we're well on our way to finalising the last few songs in our concert line up. We've changed it dramatically since our last Eden-Sol Rock Musical. We're gonna be a bit more funky and a bi more emo than usual. We're also trying to divert ourselves from our heavy grungy sound. And I think even non rock peoples will like what we do. Will reveal the actual line-up a day before the concert, so stay tuned for it.

Additional info: We're redoing 1 song, reviving an old practised song and doing 3 new ones just for you guys.

Those who want tickets, don't forget to approach me! Go discuss amongst your friends before asking me, it'll be better if you guys come in a large group and mosh together haha.

So... Have been looking for the following few songs just for practise:

Pain ~ Three Days Grace
Higher ~ Creed
City Of Blinding Lights ~ U2
Beautiful Day ~ U2
Its My Life ~ Bon Jovi

Pretty nice songs, but won't be playing most of them for concert. Just for practises sake.

***

YE

Haha our second GAY (guys at YE) outing took place on Thursday, and it was a fun filled experience celebrating Kenneth's and Eugene's birthday at the Rail Mall. After eating Bak Chor Mee we went to a nearby wine place to drink a little. (Not me though, I've promised that I'll never drink. Ever.)

Picture time!

Heres the wine place. Pretty homey right?


The cake. Coffee flavoured, courtesy of Jon.

Eugene, and Kenneth!

From left to right: Benedict, Eugene and Martin. Ignore the two girls at the back.

Kenneth and Ernest with pretty funny looks on their faces. Sorry guys couldn't help not putting this one up.


Gasp! Incriminating evidence. Trust me, I didn't drink! It was the other guys lol.

Ok thats all for today... Besides those in the pics, a few more people like Shaun, Gerald, Paul, Jon came as well! Cheers to the organising comm of the second GAY (I repeat, Guys At Ye) outing. Till next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.