Skip to main content

Shogi

Got a new hobby: Shogi! Also known as japanese chess. So far I've learnt all the piece movements, and gotten used to the drop system, and finally I've beaten the comp once in it. Whee when I go to Japan I'll get myself a set.

Ok so updates on my previous week in camp. Range was on tuesday, and I shot a respectable 24 out of 36. Had to redo a few times to get the score though hahaa. If only I could use a SAR instead. Then it'd be a lot easier. But had lots of fun mingling with the newly graduated UIP initiates. They're all really nice people.

Everyone got a soapy bath during the weekend, cos it was the ORD peeps last duty, and we started off by filling buckets with cold water + soap and then pouring it on them. Then of course everyone got it, even the newbies going through their first duty. Of course since I was the nice guy they removed everything I was carrying from my hands (my phone and jap book) and then proceeded. Not everyone was that fortunate haha. So at the end of it all we had a very very clean toilet.

Read Suzuka during the weekend, which was a really nice manga IMO. Watched the Chelsea vs Liverpool match on justin.tv. Trained Bane Elemental. To round it off, finished my class 3 weapon collection on MH.

The bad thing about that week was that even though it was Deepavali we had quite a bit of work to do: set up the vehicles and get the virus definitions. (which was the computer IC's job = me) But having nakama beside you really helps. Too bad I didn't get to dota at least once cos I was busy.

My senpais are back from driving course, which means I'll finally get to slack a bit off my job, cos one of them is a computer IC as well. This coming week I'll ask them more about the driving course so that I don't get a culture shock. I think the only tough thing about driving is the instructor's insults and stuff like that. At least thats what I've heard. Soon I'll be a signal driver and get my own set of drivers shades! Cool huh.

See ya in a fortnight's time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and ...

Of God and Demons

Now that'd I've put my last phase of life past me and have some more time to reflect cos I'm C+ for the second time, I feel that it's the correct time to do a bit more reflection about my past, especially the last couple of years. I've always thought that one of the counseling exercises practiced would be helpful for me to process what I've been going through - that is to personify my negative emotions. In a sense to experience that final bit of release from these emotions that have threatened me for a long time. To talk about the inner demons that I've been facing.  Wrath. The fiercest of them all, yet gentlemanly in some ways, calculative in others. People usually imagine wrath to be brawny, in your face and belligerent. But my Wrath is more sinister, sly even. Plotting the downfall of my enemies and using the knowledge that I have to exact vengeance. Over the months I have exerted control of him by reminding myself that only God has the right to judge. De...

Aikatsu

Have been engaging in a couple of new interesting hobbies to liven things up.  First off, chess of which I've started diving into to learn opening strategies and as part of that have started to watch official tournaments. Good way to stretch my thinking muscles. Second, watching netflix series in alphabetical order. Never know what interesting gems you uncover. I'm partway through stuff starting with the number 2, and its quite amazing how much you find about other cultures from this. Upcoming is a movie called 2 Weeks in Lagos, I think will be interesting cos I will get to learn more about Nigeria. I last watched a movie called 2 States which was about the clash in cultures between North and South India.   Third, watching soccer for the thrill and excitement. Letting this blog live up to its name.  Fourth, PS4. Finally finishing of Tales of Berseria and starting on Assassins Creed Origins soon.  Fifth, anime - the usual stuff I have never gone without since thi...