Skip to main content

New Semester

Well I've taken rather long for a next post haven't I?

It's been one thing after another as usual, and its strange that now that my semester is starting it feels oddly relaxing to be back in school. Somehow there's this feeling about a school schedule that puts one at ease!

So the modules I'm taking are:

PL4221 Early Language Development
LAJ3205 Media Japanese
PL4880G Positive Psychology
PL4208 Intro to Counseling Psychology

Only 4 modules this semester, and thus a not very long 15 hours in school per week once tutorials kick in! For now I've also got a monday thursday break, and its pretty good! One day of break for an extra long weekend, and a midweek break to consolidate. The downside is a 6 hour lesson rush all through dinner from 3-9pm on friday.

Besides that, page 7 of the heroic polonaise is keeping me stuck... The running octaves are killer as usual. Besides that, have started playing Skyrim and so far enjoying it. Also, the latest anime is one called Dennou Coil, which is about children who become detectives of sorts who deal with augmented reality. Interesting spin on the advances of technology and the downsides and complications that come with it!

For YE, I'm as usual doing my best. Looking forward to what we can do for the people! We'll be going through a phase where leadership is scarce, and I've finally begun on the leader's mentoring sessions. Hopefully those who step up to leadership embrace it with joy, because through it they'll see God's hand in everything more and more! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and ...

Of God and Demons

Now that'd I've put my last phase of life past me and have some more time to reflect cos I'm C+ for the second time, I feel that it's the correct time to do a bit more reflection about my past, especially the last couple of years. I've always thought that one of the counseling exercises practiced would be helpful for me to process what I've been going through - that is to personify my negative emotions. In a sense to experience that final bit of release from these emotions that have threatened me for a long time. To talk about the inner demons that I've been facing.  Wrath. The fiercest of them all, yet gentlemanly in some ways, calculative in others. People usually imagine wrath to be brawny, in your face and belligerent. But my Wrath is more sinister, sly even. Plotting the downfall of my enemies and using the knowledge that I have to exact vengeance. Over the months I have exerted control of him by reminding myself that only God has the right to judge. De...

Aikatsu

Have been engaging in a couple of new interesting hobbies to liven things up.  First off, chess of which I've started diving into to learn opening strategies and as part of that have started to watch official tournaments. Good way to stretch my thinking muscles. Second, watching netflix series in alphabetical order. Never know what interesting gems you uncover. I'm partway through stuff starting with the number 2, and its quite amazing how much you find about other cultures from this. Upcoming is a movie called 2 Weeks in Lagos, I think will be interesting cos I will get to learn more about Nigeria. I last watched a movie called 2 States which was about the clash in cultures between North and South India.   Third, watching soccer for the thrill and excitement. Letting this blog live up to its name.  Fourth, PS4. Finally finishing of Tales of Berseria and starting on Assassins Creed Origins soon.  Fifth, anime - the usual stuff I have never gone without since thi...