Skip to main content

Chariots Of Fire

Hiya there... Blogging from camp today, with 95 days to ORD, and 11 days to book out.

Played soccer for the first time in a long time. Haven't lost my scoring touch though lol, but my stamina is now insanely bad. The knee pain didn't act up, cos I was mostly only walking, except only for short bursts of running. Got my first ever bee sting on my shoulder during the session. Felt numbness in the right arm, but healed up pretty fast after I plucked the stinger out.

A movie I watched in camp for Christian fellowship got me thinking about commitment. The movie was about a christian missionary who at first foresook his missions to do what he was good at: athletics. This brought up an interesting question... Which of these things should he have done instead? All of us go through this dilemma: serve, or hone your talents? So, this guy called Eric Liddell made it to the Olympics in France eventually.

Another dilemma faced him. The event he was good at, the 100m race, was held on Sunday, which he kept holy as a Sabbath day, and did not do any work. Should he race, or should he forfeit his best event? His choice was to not race, instead opting for an event which he had never run before: the 400m race, which was held on a thursday instead. And, by God's grace, he won.

Something he said to the audience that was key to his victory: a relationship with God, which allowed him to make all the right decisions, as well as a willingness to sacrifice his best, in a way similar to Abraham, who was asked to sacrifice Isaac in the bible.

How bout me? I guess its time to ask God clearly. What am I to do with my future? So many choices, so many paths to take. I can only pray that He closes some of them for me to make my choice easier, and continue to have a great relationship with Him, to know Him more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and ...

Of God and Demons

Now that'd I've put my last phase of life past me and have some more time to reflect cos I'm C+ for the second time, I feel that it's the correct time to do a bit more reflection about my past, especially the last couple of years. I've always thought that one of the counseling exercises practiced would be helpful for me to process what I've been going through - that is to personify my negative emotions. In a sense to experience that final bit of release from these emotions that have threatened me for a long time. To talk about the inner demons that I've been facing.  Wrath. The fiercest of them all, yet gentlemanly in some ways, calculative in others. People usually imagine wrath to be brawny, in your face and belligerent. But my Wrath is more sinister, sly even. Plotting the downfall of my enemies and using the knowledge that I have to exact vengeance. Over the months I have exerted control of him by reminding myself that only God has the right to judge. De...

Aikatsu

Have been engaging in a couple of new interesting hobbies to liven things up.  First off, chess of which I've started diving into to learn opening strategies and as part of that have started to watch official tournaments. Good way to stretch my thinking muscles. Second, watching netflix series in alphabetical order. Never know what interesting gems you uncover. I'm partway through stuff starting with the number 2, and its quite amazing how much you find about other cultures from this. Upcoming is a movie called 2 Weeks in Lagos, I think will be interesting cos I will get to learn more about Nigeria. I last watched a movie called 2 States which was about the clash in cultures between North and South India.   Third, watching soccer for the thrill and excitement. Letting this blog live up to its name.  Fourth, PS4. Finally finishing of Tales of Berseria and starting on Assassins Creed Origins soon.  Fifth, anime - the usual stuff I have never gone without since thi...