Skip to main content

Good News

Well a couple of exciting things happened the past few days:

1. Avatar the Last Airbender movie/finale!

2. Before the Diffusion

3. Sunday duty finally over!

4. Cut (most of) my hair...

I'm getting more and more white hair... =(

***

Have been studying the difference between the 4 gospels... And after reading some material it kinda made some sense why there had to be 4 gospels. Each gospel portrays Christ in some way, and is targetted at a group of people.

Matthew: to the Jews, portrays Christ as King of the Jews

A big source of evidence is in the genealogy that is traced to Abraham, the forefather of all the Israelites/Jews. The phrase "to fufill what the Lord had said through the prophet" is repeated 29 times in the book, which is a reference to texts only Jews knew.

Mark: to the Romans, portrays Christ as a powerful servant

In Mark the majority of it consists of Jesus doing miracles, twenty of them in total. A lot... Also, Mark left out many things... Like Mary's virgin birth, visit of the wise men, sermon on the mount, or quotation from prophetic books. Because of Mark's portrayal of Jesus as a servant there was no need to include those details.

Luke: to the Greeks, portrays Christ as the perfect man

Luke wrote down many portions on Jesus's interaction with other people and how in comparison, he was blameless and beautiful. He writes about Jesus's childhood, likening him to people like you and me, yet Luke shows how Jesus is somehow different. He also records the many prayers that Jesus prayed...

John: to the unbeliever, portrays Christ as the saviour of the world!

To prove that Christ was the Messiah/Saviour that people all around the world were waiting for, John showed His obvious relationship to God. In the book of John, Jesus refered to God as His father, a total of 35 times. Also, some facts like genealogy, birth, boyhood, temptation, transfiguation were not recorded by John. But he puts across the fact the Jesus isn't only a mere man in the opening chapters.

Ok... I guess thats all... Maybe I'll post some pics for BtD next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and ...

Of God and Demons

Now that'd I've put my last phase of life past me and have some more time to reflect cos I'm C+ for the second time, I feel that it's the correct time to do a bit more reflection about my past, especially the last couple of years. I've always thought that one of the counseling exercises practiced would be helpful for me to process what I've been going through - that is to personify my negative emotions. In a sense to experience that final bit of release from these emotions that have threatened me for a long time. To talk about the inner demons that I've been facing.  Wrath. The fiercest of them all, yet gentlemanly in some ways, calculative in others. People usually imagine wrath to be brawny, in your face and belligerent. But my Wrath is more sinister, sly even. Plotting the downfall of my enemies and using the knowledge that I have to exact vengeance. Over the months I have exerted control of him by reminding myself that only God has the right to judge. De...

Aikatsu

Have been engaging in a couple of new interesting hobbies to liven things up.  First off, chess of which I've started diving into to learn opening strategies and as part of that have started to watch official tournaments. Good way to stretch my thinking muscles. Second, watching netflix series in alphabetical order. Never know what interesting gems you uncover. I'm partway through stuff starting with the number 2, and its quite amazing how much you find about other cultures from this. Upcoming is a movie called 2 Weeks in Lagos, I think will be interesting cos I will get to learn more about Nigeria. I last watched a movie called 2 States which was about the clash in cultures between North and South India.   Third, watching soccer for the thrill and excitement. Letting this blog live up to its name.  Fourth, PS4. Finally finishing of Tales of Berseria and starting on Assassins Creed Origins soon.  Fifth, anime - the usual stuff I have never gone without since thi...