Skip to main content

Running After You

Been running around a whole lot since camp ended, and right after camp there was this whole list of activities that I ended. It's been tiring, but very very fulfilling, because in small ways I feel like I'm making a difference in the lives of the youth, and after hearing what Andrew had to say about ways a leader can love his/her youth, I've come to see that every little bit of my presence does help in shaping the culture of YE and mindset of the youth.

Here's a list of things I did:
1. Bake for Christmas (Christmas Eve)
2. Play for Christmas, YE Bowling after
3. Went for Sentosa outing the thursday after Christmas
4. Year End Party on that Saturday
5. Met J2s and 2 other cells on Sunday
6. Stayover at church

So since this whole slew of activities I haven't got a chance to sit down properly before God and hear his voice for YE. As such still got some pretty big stuff to do:

1. Plan Leader's Syllabus - Got the 1st session down but gotta think of the rest
2. Plan 2013 Stuff - Should start preparation for
3. Plan YE ADL meeting - 10th Jan
4. Call P6s - to personally invite them to Orientation

I'm swamped haha! Well, it's very fulfilling though, and I'm immensely glad that I'm doing God's work. :D

Besides that, bidding for modules for this semester is about to start! Here's the list of modules that I'd like to take this semester:

a) Japanese 5
b) Health Psychology
c) Group Dynamics (wahaha)
d) Human Performance
e) Criminal Forensic Psychology (Exciting!)

We'll see whether I get these modules.

Switching modes to anime... So far I've watched 155 anime series, and I'm searching for my first series of the new year woohoo! I'll post about it the next time round! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and ...

Of God and Demons

Now that'd I've put my last phase of life past me and have some more time to reflect cos I'm C+ for the second time, I feel that it's the correct time to do a bit more reflection about my past, especially the last couple of years. I've always thought that one of the counseling exercises practiced would be helpful for me to process what I've been going through - that is to personify my negative emotions. In a sense to experience that final bit of release from these emotions that have threatened me for a long time. To talk about the inner demons that I've been facing.  Wrath. The fiercest of them all, yet gentlemanly in some ways, calculative in others. People usually imagine wrath to be brawny, in your face and belligerent. But my Wrath is more sinister, sly even. Plotting the downfall of my enemies and using the knowledge that I have to exact vengeance. Over the months I have exerted control of him by reminding myself that only God has the right to judge. De...

Aikatsu

Have been engaging in a couple of new interesting hobbies to liven things up.  First off, chess of which I've started diving into to learn opening strategies and as part of that have started to watch official tournaments. Good way to stretch my thinking muscles. Second, watching netflix series in alphabetical order. Never know what interesting gems you uncover. I'm partway through stuff starting with the number 2, and its quite amazing how much you find about other cultures from this. Upcoming is a movie called 2 Weeks in Lagos, I think will be interesting cos I will get to learn more about Nigeria. I last watched a movie called 2 States which was about the clash in cultures between North and South India.   Third, watching soccer for the thrill and excitement. Letting this blog live up to its name.  Fourth, PS4. Finally finishing of Tales of Berseria and starting on Assassins Creed Origins soon.  Fifth, anime - the usual stuff I have never gone without since thi...